Sunday, January 27, 2013

For Always Bracket Frame

 When I saw this Bracket Frame in the Spring 2013 Idea Book, I feel in love with it immediately.  The sample in the book clearly looks made for a wedding photo, however I decided to showcase it as a home decor item anyone can use.  I decided to use the February Stamp of The Month, which I also love.  The theme of the February Stamp Of The Month is Home Sweet Home, so it was perfect!

The photo above (shown on page 30 of the Spring Idea Book) is what inspired my bracket frame below.

I decided to keep the outside of the frame simple since I wanted to decorate the inside sentiment a little more.  I love the how they used the Honey and Lagoon Cardstock in the sample, so I used the same colors.  I am also tempted to do one in Lagoon and Smokey Plum (as shown in the Card Workshop on page 37 of the Spring Idea Book).  I used the leftover resin flower and pin from the For Always Assortment (Z1811) after I completed the Workshop On The Go layouts and Pillow Box Bonus Project.  I also added a few resin flowers I had left over from the Bouquet Assortment (Z1694). 
 
 This frame was extremely easy to assemble since I used strips of paper instead of one solid piece.  I just had to trim each piece with a craft knife.  It also allowed me to use leftover paper, which is always great.  I used a border punch (not CTMH) to achieve the scallop floral Honey colored edge around the inside of the frame and for the Lagoon colored trim on either side of the sentiment.  I used the Silver Shimmer Trim (Z1799) cut in small strips to separate the papers on the frame and also on the Lagoon trim inside the frame.  I finished it off with some Sparkles-Black and Grey Assortment (Z1754). 

I am going to do a Bracket Frame Workshop on Saturday, February 16, 2013.  Cost will be $20 and will include the frame, precut papers, embellishments, stamps and ink to complete a frame similar to this one.  Email me at killiandeb@gmail.com if you are interested.



No comments:

Post a Comment