Sunday, January 27, 2013

A star is born...

 I have been procrastinating the decorating of the My Creations Star because it looked so intimidating.  Boy was I wrong.  One of the reasons I love selling CTMH is all the support they offer their consultants.  When people started questioning how to make this star, Corporate posted a printable template which made this project extremely easy.  I brought this to show at my sister's home gathering, not realizing it matches her decor and I had to wrestle it from her at the end of the party!  I have already ordered more and plan to do them in different patterns... and I may just give her this one after all!

 I started by sponging all the edges of the 3D star base with Chocolate ink.  I cut the pieces as per the template and sponged the edges of the paper too.  I made a small green flower for the center using one of the strips of leftover green paper from the same paper pack.  It was made using a border punch, but could have just as easily been made using the Cricut and one of our awesome cartridges.  I finished it off with one of the Pewter Filigree Charms (Z1269) - shown below.


I wanted to show this beautiful star in another pattern.  It is actually the bonus project featured in the Chantilly Workshop On The Go.  I did not make the Chantilly one yet, but have a feeling I just might.


I plan to do a My Creations Star Workshop sometime in March.  The cost will be $20 and will include the star, precut materials and coordinating embellishments.  Please email me at killiandeb@gmail.com if you are interested in the details once they are available.

1 comment:

  1. I love your star... thanks for sharing! Can't wait to see your take on the chantilly star :) Kathi

    ReplyDelete