Monday, September 14, 2015

Go ahead and Quote me on that!!!

This project was prepared for our challenge on Between The Folds, which is a Close To My Heart Weekly Challenge Blog!  Every Tuesday we will be choosing themes that will challenge your creativity!  We hope you play along!

This week our challenge was to add a quote to your project!  I love quotes!  I often incorporate them into my layouts and build my page around the quote!  I decided on the one I used because when I read it, it reminded me of my daughter.  I just love the young lady she has become and she really does put the "wonderful" into the world... at least my world!


The adorable quote card came from one of our new Picture My Life Pocket Scrapbooking Kits, Beautiful You.  The classy black and white pattern paper is from the new La Vie En Rose Paper Pack.  I decided to combine it with the September Stamp Of the Month, Paper Garden to add just a pop of color!  Since my daughter's favorite color is purple, I chose Gypsy.  I added a little strip of the new Gold Foil Tape to match the gold on the card.

Here is a close look:

From the moment I saw the September Stamp of the Month Artwork, I was in love with the stamp set and the sample layout.  I just switched up my colors and changed a few things and voila!  I wanted the focus on the quote, so I added less flowers than the original sample shown below.  I love this stamp set even more after using it.

fpo

If you have not tried Pocket Cards in your projects, I urge you to give it a try!  Our new cards now come with the same image on the front and back of the cards, but it is horizontally on one side and vertically on the other!  No more wishing it was the other way!


I love the second generation stamping image you get with this stamp set.  Combined with the vibrant color of the flowers and the leaves, it looks beautiful.  I topped it all off with some Gold Sequins!  I love how this layout turned out.



Products used in this project are as follows:

CTMH Exclusive Cardstock Colors: Gypsy


Beautiful You Picture My Life

La Vie En Rose

Gypsy Exclusive Ink

Pear Exclusive Ink

Paper Garden

Gold Foil Tape

Sequins Gold Assortment

Cricut Artiste

Don't forget to check out the inspiration from the other designers over at Between The Folds Weekly Challenge... we hope you will play along!



4 comments: