Sunday, January 27, 2013

A look at Chantilly...


I had a chance to break into my product from the new CTMH 2013 Spring Idea Book.  I was immediately drawn to the Chantilly paper packet since it is so pretty and versatile.  It reminds me of Spring, and since it's been pretty cold in Upstate New York lately, I decided to go with it.  It's very easy to picture this paper pack for Spring, Summer, Easter, Birthdays or just all occasion, so I chose to do a variety of cards for different occasions.  

These particular cards are made from the leftover paper in one of my upcoming precut scrapbooking kits.  It will feature 3 completely different layouts and the five cards shown above.  I am waiting on the last items to arrive to complete the layouts, but I thought I'd offer a sneak peek of this fabulous paper pack, which is available for purchase on Feburary 1, 2013.

All cards were made using the card patterns in the Make It From Your Heart How To pattern book.  I love this book.  I have made every pattern in it and I continue to use it over and over... best $7.95 I have spent in a long time.

I also decided to purchase the CTMH Watercolor Pencils, so I did a lot of coloring on these cards, which is something I don't typically do, but am glad I did. I have to admit, it was very relaxing. The kid in me has always enjoyed coloring, so it was a fun twist to my typical stamp and go method.

 

The first card (shown above) is pattern #27.  The Easter theme came to me when I used the new Easter Wishes stamp set (B1422, Pg 65 Spring Idea Book)and once I started coloring the eggs, I decided they would fit well on this card front.  I added a little Easter Wishes sentiment from the same stamp set.  I finished it off with Liquid Glass to pop the dots and lines on the eggs and used some of the new Glimmer Gems to complete the card.  The eggs were stamped with Cotton Candy and all pieces were sponged with Ruby ink.  The coordinating cardstock is Cotton Candy.



The second card (shown above) is pattern #25.  This is just a generic "hello" card.  I love the "A Tree" stamp set (A1124, pg 70), but I was avoiding it because it needed color... since I finally got the Watercolor Pencils, I decided to go for it and I am happy I did.  I love how it came out.  I finished it off with Liquid Glass to pop some of the dots in the tree, the trunk of the tree and the middle of the butterfly.  Pieces were sponged with Twilight ink and the sentiment was also stamped in Twilight and coordinating cardstock is Buttercup.



The third card (shown above) is pattern #22.  This is a beautiful Thank You card made using the "A Flowering Bunch", which is actually the June Stamp Of The Month and can be found on page 143.  It can be yours for $5 with a $50 order or you can purchase it outright for $17.95.  I just love the flowers in this stamp set, and they are just beautiful when colored with the Watercolor Pencils.  Sentiments and pieces were sponged with Cotton Candy ink and carstock used is Buttercup.
  



The fourth card (shown above) is pattern #23.  I absolutely love how the Chantilly pattern papers show on this card.  I used a retired Birthday stamp set, but honestly any Birthday stamp set would work.  I love how it came out.  I finished it off with the new pink glitter gems (Z1807) and a little flower I made out of a scrap of paper and some folds.  Coordinating cardstock is Cotton Candy, Buttercup and Pear.  Pieces were sponged in Pear ink.

The last card (shown above) is pattern #28. This is just another Birthday Card. I used the little Cupcake and flower stamp from the Claire Workshop On The Go Stamp Set and then an older stamp I had (Smile It's Your Birthday).  The cupcake needed color... so I continued my theme of  coloring with Watercolor Pencils.  I finished it off with Liquid Glass to pop the middle of the flowers and the icing on the cupcake.  Pieces were sponged with Pear ink.  The pretty blue and green trim is the zip strip from the B&T paper. 

As I mentioned above, these cards were made as part of a kit I will be offering.  I may also offer these cards as part of a Spring Card Workshop.  If you are interested in receiving details about this kit or information about a Card Workshop, please email me at killiandeb@gmail.com so I can email you when the information is available.






No comments:

Post a Comment