Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Sketch It Out Challenge - Good Times!!!


  

This project was prepared for our challenge on Between The Folds, which is a Close To My Heart Weekly Challenge Blog!  Every Tuesday we will be choosing themes that will challenge your creativity!  We hope you play along!

This week our challenge was to "Sketch It Out"... and we were instructed to use either the provided layout sketch the provided card sketch.  I chose to do the Layout Sketch, which you can find on page 46 our Reflections How To Program Pattern Books!  The pattern is called Sidebar-Photo Accent... and I chose to do the alternative layout.


Here is a close look:

The thing I love about our How To books is that if I am limited in time, I just browse through the book, find some layouts that work with the photos I have chosen and then just follow the pattern, which provides cutting directions to make the most of your paper, as well as suggestions for alternative layouts.  It even shows sample completed layouts!  I knew I wanted to showcase the many years of friendship between my daughter and her best friend, so I loved this layout choice as I was able to fit 5 photos on a single page layout!  This layout literally took me 1/2 hour to complete (including choosing and cropping the photos that I used).


Since there are many different colors in the photos, I chose to use the new Peacock Blue as the base, with Black photo mats so the photos would pop.  I added Champagne Paper Fundamentals (The one I used is now retired but we do have a new version available) between the photo and the mat.  Some of the photos have red / pink in them so I chose a strip of retired Claire paper to bring out some of the colors in the photos!  I added a strip of Teal Shimmer Trim to match the "Good Times" sentiment that I found in our new Instalife Card Collection - Colorful Me.  I finished it off with a few Red Enamel Hearts to add a little bit of pop on the left side of the page. 

Products used in this project are as follows (click on the photo for availability of product):
  


   
Don't forget to check out the inspiration from the other designers over at Between The Folds Weekly Challenge... we hope you will play along!



2 comments: