Monday, October 26, 2015

Artfully Sent and Artiste show off their Fancy Pants!!!

This project was prepared for our challenge on Between The Folds, which is a Close To My Heart Weekly Challenge Blog!  We hope you play along!

This week our challenge is Fancy Pants!  Create a layout or card that is a little fancier than normal.  Think Flip Flaps, Fancy Folds, Shaker Pockets, etc).

I chose to make a fun card that has a pop up effect by folding your paper inside in a cube effect to make the words pop when you open the card!  While you can create this effect by adding slits between the letters, our Artfully Sent Cricut Collection makes it even easier.  The paper just cuts this way and then you just do the folding!  I just love the effect it creates!


Here is a photo of the front of the card:


I had so much fun coming up with something for the Fancy Pants challenge, that I decided to make a shaker style piece to add to a 3D Box I made using the Artiste Cricut Collection.  I was originally going to make a card, but then decided to make a gift box instead.


To make this shake style piece, I used a 2x2 Flip Flap that holds the Happy Birthday sentiment.  I removed the adhesive off some sequins and added them inside the flip flap so they can freely move around.  This was so much fun to make!  


We hope you will show off your Fancy Pants!  Don't forget to check out the inspiration from the other designers over at Between The Folds Weekly Challenge... we hope you will play along!


No comments:

Post a Comment