Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Live Life In Color... which is easy to do when you add a little watercoloring!

This project was prepared for our challenge on Between The Folds, which is a Close To My Heart Weekly Challenge Blog!  Every Tuesday we will be choosing themes that will challenge your creativity!  We hope you play along!

This week our challenge was to use watercolor in a project and I chose to use our new watercolor paints!  I have to admit, I have never used them before and I was a little intimidated.  I decided to do a greeting card, and had so much fun, I decided to try another one! I can't wait to practice some more and I love that I can add color to any project so easily!  I decided to use the Hello Life - Cardmaking Promotional Stamp Set made for National Stamping Month.


The first card I did was the one on the right... I love how the white embossed image is resistant to the watercolor.  I was not as happy with the "friend" in purple, so I decided to try it again using silver embossing powder instead of white and stamp "friend" with ink after the watercolor was dry.  Much more vibrant, but I do love the variation in color I got adding the purple.

Here is a close look:


I stamped and heat embossed the Hello FRIEND using White Pigment Ink and White Embossing Powder.  The top layer of the card is a piece of Watercolor Paper.  The Peacock Cardstock underneath is embossed with our new Confetti Stars Embossing folder used in my Cuttlebug.  I wanted to give it even more texture so I sanded it to show the white core of our awesome cardstock!  I added a few 



The idea for this one was the same, but I used Silver embossing powder on the Hello.  I waited until the watercolor paper was dry and stamped FRIEND with Peacock Exclusive Ink.  I also added a Sweet Leaf (green mat) and some Silver Foil Tape to bring out the silver in the sentiment. 

Products used in this project are as follows:
Hello Life - Cardmaking

Watercolor Paints
Paintbrush Set
Watercolor Paper
Peacock Exclusive Cardstock
Sweet Leaf Exclusive Cardstock
Confetti Stars Embossing Folder

White Cards and Envelopes
White Daisy Exclusive Ink
Ranger White Super Fine Embossing Powder
Ranger Silver Super Fine Embossing Powder
Enamel and Glitter Duos Purple Hearts 
Silver Foil  Tape
Don't forget to check out the inspiration from the other designers over at Between The Folds Weekly Challenge... we hope you will play along!


2 comments:

  1. Great cards! Love how you embossed the sentiments in white and silver...looks fabulous with your water coloured backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete