Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Creating with Cricut... Introducing Artistry Cricut Collection


This project was inspired by our "CTMH Cricut Cut" challenge on Between The Folds, which is a new Close To My Heart Weekly Challenge Blog!  Every Tuesday we will be offering themed challenges that will challenge your creativity!  We hope you play along!

This week our challenge was CTMH Cricut Cut!  I absolutely love all of our CTMH Cricut Collections, and the brand new Artistry is no different!  I am quickly falling in love with this collection too!


I chose to create a fun layout to showcase different categories this collection has to offer.  From titles, to flowers, to adorable icons and banners... Artistry is sure to meet the needs of any paper crafter.

I love ladybugs and butterflies and have always loved this little quote, so that is what I decided to base my layout on.  I used the layered banner style title and added the text using the "write" feature in Cricut Design Space.  Then I just added my adorable little ladybug, the beautiful butterfly and finally some beautiful cricut flowers, leaves and flourishes.  I chose to multi mat my photo as I wanted it to share an equal amount of space as the title to balance the page out.  The base for this page is Pixie Paper Fundamentals.

Here is a close look:



TIP: The bling on this page started out clear and I used our Shin Han Alcohol Marker to color the gems to make them the color I needed to match my page.  The color used for all the flowers was R5, Cherry Pink and G46, Vivid Green was used for the ladybugs eyes.

When it came time to add the photo (believe it or not, I designed this layout without one), I realized none of the photos of my now 19 year old daughter went well with the layout, so I contacted a friend and asked if I could showcase her beautiful daughter in this layout.  She had the perfect photo and gave me permission to use it!  Photo credit goes to her amazing photographer, Moments by Megan, in Concord, NC.  I just love how this all came together!

Don't forget to check out the inspiration from the other designers over at Between The Folds Weekly Challenge... we hope you will play along!


Products used in this project are as follows:

Artistry Cricut Collection

Whimsy Paper Fundamentals


NOTE: the current Paper Fundamentals are retiring on August 31, 2015.  As of September 1, 2015, you will be able to get the Paper Fundamentals, however the Pixie base page used above with the little hearts will not be available.  The color will be the same, however the pattern will be different.  If you want the hearts, grab them now while you still can!  You get 2 pieces of each color in the Whimsy Collection.





CTMH Exclusive Cardstock Colors: Pixie, Hollyhock, Sweet Leaf and Black (all will be available past August as they are NOT retiring.

Sparkles Clear Assortment
ShinHan Touch Twin Cherry Pink Marker

ShinHan Touch Twin Vivid Green Marker



4 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous! I love all the details and how you did the big banner with the words in it. Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is gorgeous, love the way that you made that banner so much larger.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is GORGEOUS!!!! Beautiful creativity!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout. I love the design, color choices, everything!

    ReplyDelete