Sunday, June 16, 2013

Later Sk8r with a **Girly** Option

 June's workshop is Later Sk8r.  This paper is very masculine, and some of my regular workshop attendees wanted a girly option so I created identical layouts, but added pink to make it girly!  I love how they turned out!
 

The basic photography theme of the first one make them very versatile.  Just add your favorite photos and this layout is complete.  The pink I used for this layout is Blush.  It offers a nice subtle color combination.  I did add a strip of paper (non-CTMH) that I found since all the colors matched and the paper packet and the little flowers resembled gears!



I love the banner look of the title.  



I just loved this photography quote, so I added it to save time from having to journal.  


For the above layout, I loved the gears on the paper and couldn't resist a layout reminding us to live life in high gear... in other words, live life to the fullest.  Since I needed a nice B&T for the background on this layout, I chose to use up some of my retired BULK Lucy B&T, so I used Cotton Candy for the pink in the girly layout.  I switched out some of the Later Sk8r pattern paper for the girly floral paper that resembles gears!  I love how that paper pulled it all together. **Don't mind the paper, it was extremely humid this week and I forgot to put the layouts in the page protectors so they started folding up.  



I added some flowers from the Hooray Bouquet Stamp Set to further soften the girly layout and added some of the circular stars as accents in addition to the gears that were cut on the cricut using the Artiste cartridge. 



I added a little bling on the gears of the girly layout.  It turned out adorable.


I saw these adorable candles and wanted to try them.  I realized the sentiment on this stamp set was perfect... so I added some grey baker's twine for the wick of the candle and some glitter tape to cover the ends and decorate the cake!  I love how it turned out.



I decided to add some clear bling to decorate the bottom of the cake.  

I can't wait to host my workshop tomorrow night and see how everyone loves these pages!

If you are interested in finding out more about the items used to create these layouts or to participate in my monthly workshops, please email me at killiandeb@gmail.com.


1 comment:

  1. These layouts are fantastic!! Loving the girlie version!! Very creative! New follower :)

    ReplyDelete