Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Oh What A Great Day Off

I cranked some soft rock tunes for background music, broke into the Consultant Kit and let the creative juices flow.  I had so much fun discovering the new Spring products that arrived in my kit.  I was truly in my "Happy Place" today... let me share a few of the things I was able to make...
First of all, please refrain from commenting on the bangs... it was the style back then!  As soon as I saw the Pemberley paper pack, I thought of these photos that were hidden, I mean packed away.  The colors works so well together.  I was inspired by the layout on Page 24 of the SPRING IDEA BOOK.  I used the papers in the Workshop On The Go Pemberley Kit (G1033).


I used the heart and the YOU & ME stamps from the Love Clusters Stamp Set (C1484).  I accented with the Bouquet Assortment (Z1694) and the buttons and brads from the Mini-Medley Accents Collections (Pacifica) (Z1698).  I love how it turned out!

Since I had some of the papers cut and ready to go, I decided to try out 2 cards.  Again, I love the colors in this Pemberley Kit.  I used a variety of stamp sets and embellished with the wooden butterflies from the Color Ready Accents (Z1718).

On the last 2 page layout, I used the Florentine Worskshop On The Go Kit.  When I showed my mom the Consultant Kit she fell in love with these paper combinations, so it just made sense to create a page for her using them.  I thought it would be a nice way to honor my dad, who passed away when we were young... and my mom, who picked up where he left off, never missing a beat!

I used the Family Love (D1506) Stamp Set, and used embellishments from the Bouquet Assortment (Z1694), the Timeless Charms (Z1689) and the Bohemian Assortment (Z1687).  

It was a great day off.  Today's plan is to get some paperwork done, meet some great friends for lunch and then home to create some more!!  Oh, and I have my regular CTMH Workshop tonight, so I will be playing with Florentine papers and embellishments tonight too!


No comments:

Post a Comment